echinacea, purple coneflower, coneflower, American coneflower
Echinacea purpurea, Echinacea angustifolia, Echinacea pallida
How is this product usually used?
Source materials: root
Routes of administration: oral
Doses: Those suited to the allowable routes of administration.
Duration of use: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
What is this product used for?
Uses and purposes: Statements to the effects of:
- Traditionally used to relieve cold symptoms.
- Acts as supportive therapy in the treatment of upper respiratory infections (e.g., common colds).
- Helps to relieve the symptoms and shorten the duration of upper respiratory tract infections.
Your health care provider may have recommended this product for other conditions. Contact a health care provider if you have questions.
What else should I be aware of?
Cautions and warnings:
- Consult a health care provider prior use if you have a progressive systemic disease, such as tubertubera fleshy underground stem or rootculosis, leukosis, collagenosis, multiple sclerosis, AIDS, HIV infection.
- Consult a health care provider prior use if you have auto-immune disorders.
- Consult a health care provider prior using if you are taking immunosuppressants.
- Consult a health care provider if symptoms persist or worsen.
Contraindications: No statement required.
Known adverse reactions: No statement required.
Before taking any new medications, including natural health products, speak to your physician, pharmacist, or other health care provider. Tell your health care provider about any natural health products you may be taking.
Nonmedicinal ingredients: Must be chosen from the current NHPD List of Acceptable Non-medicinal Ingredients and must meet the limitations outlined in the list.
Specifications: Must comply with the minimum specifications outlined in the current NHPD compendium of Monographs.
Health canada. Drugs & Health Products. Monograph - Echinacea Pallida. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodnatur/applications/licen-prod/monograph/mono_echinacea_pallida-eng.php